Sunday, January 21, 2018

pinsights and concord and 9th

I knew there was a mix-up challenge over at Ellen Hutson with Concord and 9th, however it came and went without my playing. But then I saw the Pinsights inspiration and decided those pods could be interpreted with feathers so here are those C9 feathers. Again.


 Concord and 9th Grateful stamp

See? There are the feathers hiding under the stitched-on-vellum. I'd thought I was going to work the panel with feathers into a design with a PP pack I picked up recently (yeah, like I need more), but couldn't make that happen. Ended up working it onto this cardbase I'd used to clean up leftovers ages ago!


But then I had to make a card with the perfect PP pack (from my local TEDI dollar store). So this happened. I think it captures the mood of the garden in the inspiration photo perfectly.


Just added a strip of silver glitter washi between the two panels to pick up on the gray of the damask PP and called it good. Thanks for looking.

I'm taking this to:
EH Pinsights Challenge - January
Where Creativity meets C) - Use your first C9 set


5 comments:

SD pooja said...

Both the cards are way different than your usual style!! Lots of busy design on first which makes it interesting and second is Elegant !

Greta said...

Wow--you always come up with something unique & beautiful, Maria! I can see why you "needed" that paper pad & I'd probably buy it, too, if I saw it in a store here--LOVE the papers & your card! PS--the white Sharpie is available at SSS, but not at any store I have. https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/Sharpie-Water-Based-WHITE-EXTRA-FINE-POINT-Paint-Marker-355743-58725 It works great, although I haven't had it for a year yet.

Lindsey said...

I sure love how you can make such different cards. Each one is so unique and awesome in it’s own way. I’m in awe of the eclectic nature of the first. My mind doesn’t think that way but it’s captivating. Thanks for playing along again!

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous cards and colors, and layering too! Thanks for playing along with the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Maria!! Its me again. I love your mixed media card. I love the purple and the circles. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with Where Creativity Meets C9.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...