Friday, July 22, 2016

MMCC #25 - reminder


Coming by to remind you that there's still time to join us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge for this month's challenge where it's all about "Sparkle", with an optional element of gems too.

Here's another card for you with some sparkle on it ;)


I trimmed a CS panel and inked it with Broken China. I stamped it with CHF Polka Dot BG using the same ink. Then I put down the Tando Harlequin stencil (looks like a trellis doesn't it?) and inked the top half with Peacock Feathers and the bottom half of the panel with Lilac and Seedless Preserves. I stamped the Hero Arts Konnichiwa roses with Versamark, sprinkled (using my fingers) three colors of embossing powder including one with glitter in it and heat embossed.


I heat embossed the sentiment from PTI Cutting Garden onto vellum, trimmed it into a banner and adhered it to the reverse of the panel. Adhered the panel offset to my cardbase. TIP: To keep embossing powder colors cleanly separated on a sentiment, first cover last line with post it note, apply white powder and shake off excess, then cover with gold powder. The gold will not stick to the area already covered with white powder!

I'm hooking up at WOW Embossing Powder - Anything Goes challenge. I'd love to see your mixed media cards using "Sparkle" and/or gems in the MMCC gallery this month. You still have a couple days to link up here.






4 comments:

SD pooja said...

Wow..loved the color combo and the sparkling flowers !

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous colors and even more gorgeous design!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning! The colours, the stencilling, stamping and mixed embossing are wonderful!

Loll said...

Beautiful, creative design Maria. Love the mix of embossing powders ... and those gorgeous vibrant colours for your background. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...