Friday, April 10, 2015

simply create too 83


There's a new and great challenge over at Simply Create Too starting today. Create without using a stamp or a digi stamp. For me that's tougher than it sounds. But it's a great time to get reacquainted with my PP stash!


I had an additional challenge. Needed a 50th birthday card. And it needed to be masculine! So I reached for some Tim Holtz PP (kinda has a retro, back fifty years feel to it, right?). I decided the 50 needed to be good sized to hold its own against those patterns, so I printed it onto printer paper using the PC and then used it as a pattern to cut the numbers from cardboard. I grunged them and the PP edges a bit with ink and voila!


This is what I did on the inside of the card. I actually created those shadows of the 50 by placing the cardboard ones there and pouncing over them with my ink applicator.

Thanks for taking a look. If you're an avid stamper, why not take the no stamp challenge and join us at Simply Create Too this time around?

4 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Such a great masculine card!! I love how you created the "50", and the inside of the card is so clever!

Anita in France said...

Cool and groovy, Maria ... yep, definitely a retro vibe with those fab DPs ... and such a brilliant sentiment! Anita :)

Deepti said...

This is unique, I like it :)

shirley-bee said...

Cool! Love the corrugated numbers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...