Thursday, December 4, 2014

visiting the cousin

Did you see the PC &S Thanks! blog hop yesterday? Lots of amazing and thankful cardmakers sharing their talents in a final nod to the team at the magazine which is closing its doors.

I shared a card made with heat embossing and die cutting.


And today I am sharing its cousin,


Notice the family resemblance?

I swiped Distress Inks in an ombre pattern across a piece of white CS. I heat embossed the tiny leaf CHF BG on another and sponged on gold ink. Then I ran them through my Xyron sticker maker and die cut the PTI oak tree. After that it was just a matter of filling in the puzzle pieces.

Two wow! cards for the price of one. Thanks for visiting.

10 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both are really fabulous Maria, I love the colours!

Loll said...

Gorgeous, vibrant colours and designs Maria. LOVE that you got two cards out of one design. Both are amazing! Loll xx

Unknown said...

Maria! These cards are so lovely, just looking at them makes me happy! Love the vibrancy of them and the tree is just gorgeous! xx

Miriam Prantner said...

These are both stunning! Loving the bright bold colors, the textures, just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

WOW is right! These are fabulous!!

Deepti said...

Mind blowing !! How do u get ur ideas on colors :) such a beauty

Anita in France said...

Yep, these both absolutely have that WOW factor, Maria! Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Maria...what a card, just beautiful and I have to agree with Anita, it has a major wow factor to it,

Kelly Griglione said...

Just awesome : ) I think you should have put a period after "hello" just to be cheeky ... hahaha! I'd love to be at a dinner table with these two cousins. What a fun evening we'd have!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...