Sunday, June 22, 2014

8 to go (clean and simple, feeling sketchy, deconstructed sketches, SSS)

This post could also be titled "Rock, Paper, Scissors". It's got 'em all.

Check out this amazing paper collection from Alexandra Renke here in Deutschland. It's all about stones. Love it. Got me some. Had to make some invitations with it. (If you don't know what's up with me and my invitations, you can find out here.)

Took my new PP, my Dieversions die and these sketches and went to town.

Clean and Simple #295
Feeling Sketchy #93
Deconstructed Sketches # 156

I'm also hooking these up at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where it's all about Friends. If we didn't have 'em, I wouldn't be making all these invites!

I love the speech bubble sketch, but had to work with my "party time" circle. So this happened. Oh well.


Now if I had been clever, I would have taken a closer look at my PPs for guidance on the placement of the circles on the first card. Don't ya love the "flow" of the images on this next card. And, well, I had to tweak the sketch a bit to get my die cut nestled into the "flow".


Here's a closeup so you can see the small pattern stamped in Delicata gold on the vellum backing the die cut. Which is dark gray, BTW. Looks blue here :(


On the last card I stayed pretty true to the sketch. Even kept the banner! But mine looks kinda not so good. The elements are too stretched out. Ugh.


But I love these papers. And the fact that I've only five more invites to go! I'm guessing my folks would probably like these best - they've always been great fans of greige. The house I grew up in was painted "Adobe Gray" (no clue why I still know that). Just googled it and it's all about software today. Proof that I'm getting old ;)

Thanks for visiting. I'm off to watch some soccer -go team USA- if I don't fall asleep on the couch!


Supplies:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, PP Alexandra Renke, vellum
Stamps:  herringbone BG Impression Obsession, sentiment STAMPlorations
Ink : Versamark, Delicata gold
Tools: die Dieversions, circle punches EKS
Other: 

13 comments:

Lin said...

Love all the circles, Maria! You are working that die! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards!!

Shelly said...

Really like the last one...the colors and layout really draw me in! ;) However, they're all awesome!!!

Jen Shults said...

Wow! You have been super busy! I love all your cards! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

aufspapiergebracht said...

Hallo Maria,
die Steinserie - meine Lieblingsserie -- ich habe immer schon auf deine Verarbeitung gelauert ; )) Wunderbar! Ganz liebe Grüße Elisabeth

shirley-bee said...

They look fab in greige too!

Deepti said...

I am caught in the circles :) awesome !

DebR said...

Great cards. Really like the shapes, colors, etc.
Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

Unknown said...

This is a great card, love the papers sentiment and colors ~ Micelle lshd dt

DebiJ said...

I love all your cards Maria! Love your circles & vellum, & patterns - all striking
Thank you for playing along at Feeling Sketchy with us.
Debi - DT Co-ordinator@FS

cm said...

These are just oodles of fun, with their circles, patterns, vellum and unique layouts! I continue to be dazzled and amazed at your limitless creativity...
~c

chera said...

Love that you used circles for the Clean and Simple card!!! Super take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

I like all of your cards, but I have to say the last one is my fave- thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...