Monday, March 3, 2014

STAMPlorations sketch #7

"HELAU!"

It's Rosenmontag and time for big Mardi Gras parades here in Germany.  In fact, I may be at one as we speak ;)

It's also time for a new sketch at STAMPlorations and here it is.


Hmmm.  Kinda funky. I couldn't get past those triangles cuz I just happen to have a stencil that could reproduce them perfectly.  So my mind's eye got stuck in a rut.  This is what happened.


A masculine birthday card.  Kinda happy, cuz those don't come along too often ;) Used the sentiment from VIGNETTE: Chevron and Arrows and the coffee stains from Holiday Artsy.

I inked through the stencil with Shaded Lilac and a touch of Peacock Feathers Distress Inks.  On PP from the Kiss My Neon 6x6 pad from Kesi Art I stamped a brushstroke from VIGNETTE: Chevron and Arrows before heat embossing my sentiment and then added some dots and coffee stains on the PP panel too.  TIP: I find it difficult to do "generational stamping" with Distress Inks. Hard to get them to look soft if you know what I mean.  Well, to ink 'em up I pounced on the solid stamps with my Distress Ink applicator which had some ink on it and voila! A softer image.

So what can you come up with for this sketch?  Don't have to get stuck in the literal rut like me! Check out what the other DT members came up with. Join us for the Sketch #7 bi-weekly challenge and you might win three digital products from our sister shop, All about Scrapping.

And check this out.  The next release at STAMPlorations includes these five MOM subway art stamp sets which are available at 30% off before release day on March 14.  Get the deets of the pre-release sale here.


Have a great week.


Supplies for happy birthday:
Paper:  cardbase The Paper Studio, PP Kesi Art
Stamps: Stamplorations, PTI
Ink :Distress inks, Versafine
Tools: stencil Clear Scraps
Other: clear embossing powder

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome card, Maria! Those triangles are so hip and provide a nice contrast to the circles! I've given up on doing second-generation stamping with Distress inks for the same reason you gave, but I think I'll give it another go after reading what you did -- thanks for the tip! :o)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

M: Your male birthday card is great--love your design.

Diane

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this masculine card Maria!

sandie said...

wow how cool to have a stencil like this and I love the combo with the Artsy stamps-my fav!

Nonni said...

Great masculine card! The stencil goes very well with the stamps you've used -very cool! xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

There is nothing wrong with a literal approach, especially when is comes out like that! Funny to call Mardi Gras in Germany.... ;)

Darnell said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Maria! Wowza, girl!! I hope you are out having a blast at the Carnival celebrations!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

ooohhh....looks fabulous.

shirley-bee said...

I love how you come up with designs - triangles and circles together - fab! Enjoy the carnival!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Definitely funky! Love it! I'm sorry I haven't been to visit so much lately - I'll have to come back for a browse!

Kylie said...

Wow, nice stencil! Love the end result xx

Joni Andaya said...

FANTASTIC stencil background!!! Love, this is Gorgeous Maria :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. This is brill! Love the stenciled borders, your shading is perfect. Have a fab day! Hope the hangover isn't too great now that the fools have left town. ;-) hugs Monika xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

RIGHT ON with the sketch! Love how you stenciled~

Deepti said...

Amazing !! Loved ur take :)

Kim Heggins said...

Love, love, love your card!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...