Sunday, February 9, 2014

pattern-tastic (CMBC)


Not too long ago I was complaining that challenges were disappearing from blogland and now it seems a plethora of new ones are popping up.  I can't keep up!

If you didn't know Taheerah A. before, you certainly got to know her during the farewell blog hop for Cath of Moxie Fab. That mammoth operation would not have gotten off the ground without Taheerah's efforts. Well, have you seen Taheerah's latest endeavor - Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge? Some of the most gorgeous inspiration photos like this latest one:


Not to mention the killer cards that girl creates for her own challenges and the other design teams she has taken by storm. I'm finally playing along (this is already CMB #3) with a card I made for a submission call.  Species "reject" but I think it fits the bill here perfectly.  And I spent way too many minutes deciding on the arrangement of my focal image which is somehow Taheerah-esque.

Here 'tis:


Used the Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripe Stencil, but only in one quarter of the card front, and a sponge dauber to ink the stripes in Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean and Broken China. Rotated 90 degrees and repeated. Then I slopped on some modelling paste through a Crafters Workshop chevron stencil. Then I added that funky ikat PP circle (why? no clue but once I'd tried it I couldn't not do it!) before adhering the shadowed gold glimmer Papertrey Hello die cut.

Enough patterns for ya?!?!?  Are your eyes wonky now?!?!?

Thanks for a great new challenge, Taheerah. And the rest of you should play along in the next one. Here's hoping you don't get the Monday blues to begin with ;)))


Cardstock: (cardbase) Buttinette,  (navy) American Crafts, (bronze metallic) DCWV 
Patterned paper: (ikat from Print Shop) Studio Calico 6x6
Dye ink: (chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, Broken China Distress Inks)
Dies, embossing folders, brass templates: (Diagonal Stripe stencil) Simon Says Stamp, (Chevron stencil) Crafters Workshop, (hello die) PTI
Tool: (spatula), (circle punch) EKS

Other: (white structure paste)  

17 comments:

Tasnim said...

wow this is incredible!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Maria!

Happy Dance said...

Just gonna say two things...1.) You've made a fabby, fun, and funky card -- love it, and 2.) Nailed the challenge perfectly. Winner! Bev

Martha said...

WOW, this is one FABULOUS card, Maria! I love the colors & design. Well done!

Unknown said...

I am completely mesmerized by this awesome card! Wow, just wow!

Taheerah said...

Maria. Wow. This card is amazing! I am selfishly so glad it wasn't picked up for publication so that you could enter it into my challenge, hehe!! The blended ink stenciling is incredible, the added treatment with the paste, and that ikat circle (?!?!?!?!?! Wow!!) are just awesome, and that sentiment just tops it off perfectly!! If this card doesn't have a home to go to please send it here! And thank you so *so* much for your wonderful kind words about me. Seriously made my day and really, really touched me. Having something described as 'Taheerah-esque'? I could seriously live with that. *wink* Thanks so much for playing to Cure The Monday Blues!

Clare said...

Wow! This is so neat! That gold sentiment somehow manages to tie everything together!! VERY Taheerahesque! ;)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wow - its almost like one of those optical illusion things - great card!

Marybeth said...

I hear you... I can't keep up either. Wow this is so amazing! I just keep looking at it!

Darnell said...

I can see you owning your own challenge one day, Maria! You rock them all and have done so again with this new challenge of Taheerah's!! Hugs, Darnell

Nickon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
donna mikasa said...

Patterntastic! Congratulations on your win at Monday Blues!

Sarah said...

Well done! I totally dig the layering of patterns and the colors.

Joni Andaya said...

This is so Gorgeous Maria!!! Love it!

shirley-bee said...

You spend all that time neatly sponging colours through your stencils, then you "slop on" some modelling paste. And it works, perfectly! Sends me dizzy, but I love it!

Cris G. said...

Wow, Maria! I love everything about this card... from what you did with the SSS Diagonal Stripe Stencil to the ikat circle! Gorgeous! Congrats!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fabulous inked stencil background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...