Monday, October 21, 2013

new trend? (Moxie Fab, ATCAS)

Sharing one of the species "reject" with ya here cuz I want to hook it up to the Stickers Challenge at Moxie Fab World.  2014 is going to bring a lot of milestone birthdays in my neck of the woods- the kind with a "5" in front - and I had this idea for a card for a girlfriend who starts things off.


Had a ping (as Bev would say) to use a hashtag.  Wanted to use the Pink Paislee Luxe glitter stickers. The sentiment was cake.  Got it down on a strip of vellum but then had to decide which PP to put it on.  I kid you not, I must have laid that strip down on 50 sheets of PP, taking a photo each time cuz my brain was getting too foggy to objectively decide on one.  The following morning I decided on this PP.  Thought the doodle-y, whimsical-ness was a quirky match for the sparkly, "50" mature nature of the card.  My friend is so not "50"... whatever that means...

So, this didn't make the cut in the last PC submission.  But I am seeing the hashtag all over the place lately.  For one brief moment I'm gonna think of myself as a trendsetter ;)

I'm also hooking up at Addicted to CAS #24 where the theme is Transparent.  As in vellum in my case.

Thanks for visiting.


Supplies #hello50:
Paper: cardbase Bringmann, PP K&Co., vellum
Stamps:
Ink:  
Tools: 
Other stickers Pink Paislee, enamel dots MME


15 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is a fab trendy design!

Hannelie said...

Who knows?just maybe!... I will watch this space!
Love your card... its fresh and just the kind I would love to receive for THAT birthday!

Happy Dance said...

Great PING! Totally love this, as I'm sure your friend will. All that agonizing over the dp, was well worth it; it's the perfect one! And glitter...oh yeah, anything shiny is a winner in my book. This is a great card, you trendsetter, you! Bev

Kanan Pandya said...

Love the trendy design, Maria. Beautiful color combinations. :-)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fab card - 50 is the new 30! Are you joining the club?

Susanne Vargas said...

2013 was/is the year of landmark birthdays for me! But now that I think about it... I will need at least two cards in 2014 with the big 5-0 on them... So, thanks for the inspiration! Your card is so fun and quirky! Haven't seen any hashtag cards yet so you are totally a trendsetter in my book!

Unknown said...

Loving this! The pops of blue, green and red are awesome contrasts to the glittery letters!

Wida said...

the gold and red, the design all work together so well. It is fresh and amazing, this is going on my pin board

alexandra s.m. said...

I can't believe your gorgeous card was rejected!
It's a beauty and it would certainly cheer me up!!
TFS~

Marybeth said...

Oh you made me smile! I have been there so many times , do overs and overs and the paper we use to make it. I get the ( so not 50) Love the card and it was just not needed not rejected! :) Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love this card! Love that you tried 50 different pattern papers, too! Makes me feel better about my own insanity, lol! Love the glitter letters and red dots and doodly paper!

shirley-bee said...

Oh, I think you can claim trendsetter's rights on this one, Maria! And the quirky paper is just right for a so not 50 girl!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Stickers & Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Deepti said...

This is so modern and trendy :) love the bright colors too. Thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS!!

Katherine said...

I want to feature your card for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image will credit you & link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know. Love your work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...