Monday, August 26, 2013

stamp-a-faire: tea, sugar, salt and limited ingredients (PTI, SSS)

Produced last night and photographed this morning just for you...

More PTI Stamp-a-faire fun.  First up "Tea Staining".  Well, we had coffee for breakfast so I went with coffee and some already stamped sentiments from this project.  Conclusion:  coffee doesn't work as well as tea probably would... but it smells nicer.


Second it's "Sweet Sugar-Coated Embellishments".  In addition to the glitter all over my craft room floor, there's a sweet load of the stuff on my die cut.  Added Score Tape to CS before die cutting the word, stuck the die cut to scrap paper with temporary adhesive, dumped the glitter on and burnished with my finger, un-stuck it from the scrap paper and that jerky motion sent that ultrafine glitter flying all over ;(   But the card looks sweet ;)  I was inspired by the lovely Danielle F. who 1) rocked the metallic papers from Pink Paislee last year enabling me and 2) made a beautiful card for the Faire using the same die.


After that came "A Sprinkle of Salt".  So happy to use this NBUS sentiment that I had been wanting for so long.  Seems I often have occasion to use a sentiment about a rainbow.  Rainbows make me happy...  But the salt didn't have any great effect other than to leave a few splotches.  Have to try this another time.


And then the "Limited Ingredients".  Loved this - both cuz you have a very limited list of supplies which you are allowed to use (makes you don your thinking cap) and cuz I love this card that happened! Totally inspired by Nichole's white polka dots stamped onto the aqua CS.  Never would have thought of that one myself, but what interest it adds.  I chose to go a different route than most of the others with flower cards.


Going over to Simon Says Stamps challenge "Dotty" with this too.  Love polka dots. Hmmm, what do ya get when you mix rainbows and polka dots?????

And then we have my mess.  Craft room = laundry room and DD preparing for a class trip meant laundry. As well as the bags of pellets and hay for the rabbits who are still living in the basement (not loving each other yet, but slowly getting there :)  Add to that the usual ol' mess of Maria when cardmaking.  You may not want to look - it's scary.  And I ain't done yet!


I'm skipping the supply list on this post - let me know if you have any questions.  Love receiving your comments too.  Don't say that enough :)

Off to craft more.  Happy Monday.


7 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

Ha! Mine looks like that too on a regular basis - don't feel bad. I love all of the things you made, you are very talented! They're all beautiful!
Danielle

shirley-bee said...

Did you not sleep? Love 'em all, especially the sprinkle of salt.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

My craft room always looks like that - at least you can still step on your floor - LOL! The salt thing is tricky - requires some practice - I can tell you that....Pretty cards and tags!

Geri said...

What a lovely set of creations, Maria! All so very different, but all so very wonderful!! (Loved your comment on my PTI stuff...no...I'm NOT a stamp-a-ma-jigger!!!;) I replied to your comment on my post that I just have to laugh sometimes because you sound so much like ME!!!)

Darnell said...

I am loving catching up with you, Maria! You did a A++++ job on ALL the SAF cards! Your "Peace" card is my fave and being pinned. Wish I could pin it to a worldwide monitor for everyone to see! It is extraordinary!!

Lindsey said...

What an amazing array of creations! Seriously, these are all amazing! Your rainbow salted card knocked my socks off, though.

Kelly Griglione said...

Hahaha, how funny, I got to the end of your post, and then totally smiled ... I recognize your laundry room from the PTI video!! It's yours! That's awesome : )

So much goodness here, Maria! The glittery peace with the silver and white diagonals is so wonderfully CAS. And I LOVE that you didn't do a flower card for your last one ... polka dots and pigs, what a smashing combo!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...