Monday, May 6, 2013

evolution of a goldfish (KIS, CFC)

No, not as in science.  As in, where did this card come from?  Take a piece of  paper (not seen here) watercolored with Distress Inks and the squish method .  Have this funky fish BG stamp fall out of the box you keep your BG stamps in as you move it from right to left for the hundredth time. Think "hmm, I could stamp that over the watercolored paper."  Stamp it.  Stamp off on a scrap of white card.  Decide you don't know what to do with the now-watercolored-and-stamped specimen cuz it doesn't look as spiffy as you thought it would.  Decide to color one goldfish on the stamped-off piece cuz you saw the latest challenge at Keep it Simple - White and a Splash (Get it? Fish...Water...Splash) and confused it with Play Date Cafe's B/W with Magenta and taaa daaa... The evolution of a goldfish!


Briefly thought of re-coloring him magenta, but I had a fantail goldfish for awhile as a kid so I consider this a tribute to him!  And I figure I'll hook up at KIS anyway just to stir things up a bit since black isn't really a color ;)

And lucky me.  Messed up for my original challenge plan, but CASual Fridays has a Tic Tac Toe challenge going on in celebration of their 2nd birthday and I'm in with B/W, embossing and birthday.  Whew.

TIP: Nautical is trending.  Need a simple nautical touch?  Use a circle punch to create a wavy water effect like on my sentiment strip.

Happy Monday.



Supplies best fishes:
Paper: card base Buttinette, black Bringmann, white Neenah
Stamps: Stampout, sentiment Fiskars
Ink: Versafine, colored pencils
Tools: circle punch
Other: white embossing powder

5 comments:

Chrissy Larson said...

Love this! Perfectly fun and I love the splash of orange!

Happy Dance said...

This is wonderful. Totally reminds me of M.C. Escher's work which I've loved forever. The pop of 'goldfish' is perfect. Great card. Bev

Unknown said...

gorgeous! love that pop of orange!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is so cool and eye-catching!! Looks like a piece of art! Thanks for playing along with our special anniversary challenge at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kelly Griglione said...

Girl, you totally ROCK. You know that. Your waves with the circle punch are so wonderfully imperfect. It's the details like that I love! So glad you joined the big celebration at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...