Monday, February 25, 2013

monogram for gertrud (PTI)

Knew this blog hop was approaching.  Totally forgot about it until an hour ago.  Was going to sit it out but then I was chatting with Kelly G. about having lots of ribbon and never using it and I need a card for Gertrud's 70th (this lady is in my workout class!) so I decided to go for it.

Was I thrilled to find that little branchy stamp in the Lovely Layers set?  Yep.  Did I iron my ribbon scraps?  Nope.  Should I have?  Yep.   Was I totally inspired by one of the the photos in the inspiration board over at Papertrey?  Yep.  Recognize it?  Magenta, gold, circle, stripes....

Happy hopping.



Supplies G:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Neenah, other Bringmann
Stamps: PTI, alpha Hampton Arts, circle frame Kelly Panacci
Ink :Versamark
Tools: die MFT
Other: gold embossing powder, ribbon scraps




12 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use up bits of ribbon! No ironing required. (If they need ironing around here, I ditch them. Sssh!) Very elegant Monogram!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous job, you should play with ribbon more time.

Kristii said...

I love your monogram and the ribbons make your card absolutely gorgeous!!

Sue Lelli said...

Maria, LOVE the diagonal ribbons and the gold monogram! Pretty card!

Unknown said...

Fun way to use those scraps!! Great colors, too :) Thanks for sharing!!

Happy Dance said...

I'm guessing that Gertrude will love this! Wonderful monogram. Love those little branches--they work so perfectly here. Isn't it fun when something just turns out so well?! Very sweet. Bev

Kay Miller said...

Wow! This is really elegant and beautiful! I love the ribbon! Great use of the little branches from Lovely Layers. That's such a great set!

Darnell said...

Brilliant making your own fancy monogram with that little branchy image, Maria! Score!! You obviously do better under pressure than with lots of notice!

Greta said...

So glad you pointed out that stamp! I was trying to figure out something on that order & never even looked at Lovely Layers--thanks for the inspiration! Great use of the ribbon, too!

Lindsey said...

What an awesome way to use ribbon. Great card!

Jacquie Southas said...

I didn't recognize the lovely layers stamp - perfect little flourish under the monogram! You nailed a great last minute card!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh Maria!! STUNNING! You are such an inspiration on the ribbon, so glad you posted! Absolutely love the colors together, and then you go an add some gold embossing. Fantastic card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...