Friday, November 2, 2012

(g)rays of hope (Paper Smooches, SCS)


An oldie but a goodie, this little Mocha Chica stamp set which Kim Hughes designed for Cornish Heritage Farms.  Perfect for what I hoped to create for this Paper Smooches Sparks Picture Perfect challenge:



Don't ya just love that gray/yellow combo.  And the graphic nature of it.  I love just about every picture they come up with over there.  And the DT is switching out, so I needed to play along this last time.  (They didn't want me for their DT.  Blow to the ego, but I survived ;)  Maybe Mr. Random likes me better!


 Perched fussy cut Chica with a tuft of feathers on her head on a die cut twiggy tree grounded with some gingham PP.  Stamped the cheery sentiment and added some stitching.  CAS.

This is also for Beate J.'s HYCCT#1201C "Rays of Hope" challenge to use grays with a splash of color.

Have a great weekend.  Is it weekend again already? Time sure flies when you're having fun, eh?



Supplies hello:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS American Crafts, PP Pink Petticoat
Stamps: CHF
Ink :Versafine
Tools:die Memory Box, decorative edge scissors, sewing machine, corner rounder EKS
Other: embroidery floss




2 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, you sure have been busy!!! Loved looking through all your recent posts. This card is my favorite though, LOVE the colors, and the fringe on top of the bird head is a HOOT. The small yellow makes for a great focal point. Great cards, Maria!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is a beautiful card! I LOVE your use of papers--and that birdie image is SUPER SUPER CUTE! I want it!!!! LOOOOOOOVE his hair!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...