Wednesday, April 11, 2012

du bist mein Liebster blog award (danke Barb M!)



First, apologies.  I get fifteen marks for being tardy.  But better late than never, oder?

The lovely Barb M. over at Kinsale Creations caught me completely off guard when she awarded me the Liebster award a few weeks back.  I'd just entered blogland and actually on that very day in a momentary lapse of reason I'd managed to delete all the wonderful comments I had received on my cards!  Talk about not deserving an award!  Anyway, you probably know all about Liebster by now, but here's the rundown:

'Liebster' is German for 'dearest'. The award is a 'share-the-love' arrangement, given to inspirational bloggers with less than 200 followers (based on Google followers).
Here's the to-do list of any Liebster award recipient:
1) Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
2) Reveal your five blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
3) Copy and paste the award on your blog (see above)
4) Hope that those you award forward it to their favorite bloggers


So I hope you have a couple minutes to check out these blogs which I find inspirational.

First off, Barb.  A kind and lovely lady who wears work boots and climbs telephone poles.  But can she rock alcohol inks,  check this.  And seam binding, check this.  And she's designing for Alley Way Stamps these days.

So there's Gingham Girl, Kelly S.  Now you've basically got me at gingham (or polka dots), but Kelly has a knack for combining papers and stamps with the cleverest little tricks.  So much to learn from her.  Here she is, rocking gingham.  And beware... looking at this beauty (notice the pearls) may find you spending your money on Waltzingmouse stamps.  I totally enjoyed Kelly's work on the WMS DT.

And Robin F. over at Bosenberries.  She's rocked various challenges.   And she has freebie digis.   I love this simply stamped card, the detail (spray, heart) the ribbon.  And I'm a sucker for folklorica.  Check this and this.  And I see that Robin is selling some amazing items from her stash.  Have a look.  Plus she's an expat too :)

Do you know Deb at My Craftroom Creations.  Talk about a soft touch.  I was drawn to her work through this card from PDCC - perfect design and color.  And check this handmade flower mixed with the different patterns and textures.  She also sews for her little ones - gorgeous, fun outfits.

And then there's Susie, She Loves to make Art.  First saw her work with this card - another soft touch.  And how about this vintage feel that doesn't need a box to mail it.  I can learn a lot from Susie about design and placement of elements.

And then there were more.  That's the name of Kerry's blog.  Stumbled upon her work playing over at Moxie Fab, I love this.  If you're looking for genius, check this.  And there's plenty of other inspiration too.  Check the Dude Soap.

So many blogs, so little time.  Hope you find something new and fun from these ladies.  And thanks again Barb!




 


2 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Oh Maria, your kind words are almost making me CRY! Talk about making my day!!! I am so honored to receive this award from you, and excited to check out the other talented ladies you have featured! Thank you SO VERY MUCH! Hugs :)

Susie W. said...

Thank you SO much Maria! Your sweet words just made my day!
I'll be checking out the other recipients. As soon as I can, I will pass this award along. Again, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...