Friday, February 17, 2012

welcome baby (use ribbon & scraps)

TGIF (no tutoring)!  I just created two items.

Got an email from Waltzingmouse today and realized I hadn't been there for awhile.  Saw this sketch:


WMS Sketches_MS font_separate


remembered that Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge #42 is to use pink and brown and ribbon and decided to use up scraps from last week's card.  Since the scrap of homemade PP I had left was skinny, decided to make the center piece a tag.  So Simon Says Stamp Tag It here I come.


CASEd myself sorta.  Stamped the treetops from WMS Teeny Trees in a random pattern with Versamagic chalk ink, keeping in mind that I would wrap the mid-section with seam binding.  Also stamped a border on the inside.  Stamped welcome baby from WMS Say It Loud - great set - and heat embossed with clear powder.

TIP:  use pigment inks to stamp and emboss with clear powder instead of adding millions of embossing powder colors to your stash.

Attached seam binding (can't see the wrinkles in the photo) with score tape.  Attached buttons with glue dots.  Finished up tag top with a spot of Basic Grey PP and attached to front with dimensionals.

Non-traditional colors perhaps, but the cute circles make it OK for a baby.  I think.

Next is a tag I just assembled for Simon Says Stamp.  The stamping was done over the past week.  Frugal as I am, I like to stamp off on an empty tag before actually cleaning my stamps.  The images are a bit lighter, but that's cool too.

Just added the burlap-y ribbon, button and beads strung on twine and voila:


Have a great weekend and keep your nose out of trouble.  That's what I always tell DS.  Doesn't always work...


Supplies welcome baby:
Paper: CS Neenah; PP Basic Grey
Ink: Worn Lipstick Distess Ink; Versamagic chalk; Cat's Eye pigment
Tools:  scissors, corner rounder EKS
Other: clear embossing powder, buttons (Sew Sweet), cotton twine; seam binding

6 comments:

buglvr2010 said...

I love your tags! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon

Bonnie said...

Beautiful projects! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Lorraine A. said...

Gorgeous tags :-) both of them are lovely and I especially love the first one ,, soo cute to welcome a baby :-) all the stamping designs and techniques are fab ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lynn said...

Fabulous! I love all the stamp layering especially on the second one!

PS the woodgrain embossing template you asked about on my blog is the PaperTrey Ink one.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great use of the sketch and your scraps, love the pink and brown combo in the first one woohoo! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers!!

Kelly S. said...

LOVING those pink stripes with all of the chocolate brown stamping in the background! This is such a modern, hip card :) The buttons are such sweet additions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...