Thursday, August 31, 2017

tissue paper on acetate

I never made it to the game, but CAS Mix Up had a fun technique in the July challenge - using tissue paper. In various ways actually.

Now I'm a big one on using up leftovers as you know. I often reach for scrap or toilet or tissue paper to mop up leftover ink when I'm doing a technique. And I really love Loll T.'s idea of adhering it to acetate and die cutting it.

Did you see my Spotlight post over at STAMPlorations two weeks ago - Water Bleaching Distress Oxides? Well I had a blob of leftover ink on my craft mat during my project and tissue paper came to the rescue. This week's Spotlight post - The Joys of Tissue Paper - explained how I made a card with it. And today's post uses up the last bit of the tissue paper/acetate. And watercolored tissue paper!

Whew! Ready?


I attached (with multi medium matte) the last bit of torn tissue paper (mopped up Wilted Violet, Broken China and Iced Spruce Distress Oxides with it) to a card stamped with a freebie from Sweet Stamp Shop. Adhered a frame (Simply Graphic Rectangles) and outline dragonfly (CUTplorations Dragonfly Layering) cut from hammered gold CS. This die is new to me. I love it.


Then I glued on the tissue paper/acetate solid dragonfly. Voila! If you haven't tried this technique yet, trust me you're gonna love it!

See ya next week.

6 comments:

Anita in France said...

Sigh ... so completely dreamy, Maria ... the soft colours are delicious ... LOVE! Tried Loll's technique too ... and yes, I love it ... will be playing with that one again! Hugs, Anita :)

SD pooja said...

So delicate n pretty !

Loll said...

This is so delicate and pretty Maria. Great way to use up leftover ink! Thanks for the shout out. xx

Mac Mable said...

Yes I enjoyed the tissue technique with Loll too and isn't it great to have lots of leftovers to use up. Your card is so beautiful and delicate. Love the tissue paper and the tissue paper with the acetate and the gold is stunning x

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful and elegant...just love this.

Susanne Vargas said...

This card is so soft and delicate looking - absolutely love it! The die cuts are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...