Wednesday, July 5, 2017

freestyle collage - a CASE of myself

DS's girlfriend just celebrated her graduation and a card was in order. I decided to CASE myself and do a freestyle collage on this one cuz horses are a huge part of this gal's life. And I love my little horse hoofprint stamp!


Pulled out a Heidi Swapp watercolor themed 6x6 PP and die cut Technique Tuesday "Say It -hello" and Memory Box Parker Alphabet "abi"(which is short for Abitur, the A levels) from PPs. Die cut Papertrey Cloud from the creme colored cardbase and then stamped and masked the rest.

Used Viva Decor Rose. Technique Tuesday Alphabet. And my no name horse hoofprints (from Aldi). BTW, the triangle pattern on the vellum snippet is Kaisercraft Texture Triangle. It's great for adding that "little extra touch". Added the date stamp to personalize the card even more.


I did photograph this one flat too, but ended up liking the stand up image better. Seems to show the dimension better... What do you think?


I'm playing at:
Pinspirational - #194 (gave me a push in the color direction)


Time Out - Celebrations (graduation)
Inkspirational - Rural (cuz... hoofprints!)
Creative with Stamps - Celebrate

Hope you had a great 4th of July weekend. We're finally enjoying some nice summer weather here in my neck of Germany. Hope it continues! Thanks for visiting.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love what you've created! Never guessed they were hoofprints.. somehow it just looks like a part of the design, nothing else! Love the neat design of the card (and the one that you have CASEd too!)
xx Ashwini

SD pooja said...

Wow..I totalky loved it.Fantastic combination of different stamp n dies ! Modern and pretty !

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is very cool ! Loads of details and the diamond texture on the vellum is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anita in France said...

Awesome detailing, Maria ... and such gorgeous soft colours ... love the touch of shiny gold on the vellum! Enjoyed seeing the standing up photo for the dimension ... and the flat one for the overall view ... both work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Caroline Weidenhiller said...

I love the colors of your card. Also the stenciled cloud with the sewed lettering is awesome.
Thank you for joining creativewithstamps

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful combination of elements. I particularly love that cloud sie cut and the "hello" stitched over it. Fabulous! Thanks for playing with us a Time Out Challenges.

Carole J said...

A very pretty, feminine card with lots of lovely details to admire! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your work at {PIN}spirational Challenges #194. Good Luck and hope to see you again next time.
Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

Happy Dance said...

Stunning. My eyes just traveled from one element to the next and I loved the whole journey. Fantastic card for DS's GF. I'll bet she loved this one, too. So very, very cool. Bev

Shauna said...

What a cool card! I like your cloud cut out, your use of stitching, and the subtle colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. I love the soft colors and the stitching. Thanks for sharing over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments
Paper Play Sketches

Lynn said...

Gorgeous. Love the soft, collage style. So elegant!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Nonni said...

What a fun card with mixed media feel, I love all the details, especially the cut out cloud! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...