Friday, December 16, 2016

ARTplorations stencil blog hop - day 3


There's a blog hop featuring some of the fantastic ARTplorations stencils in the shop over at STAMPlorations. Today is day number three, but there will be inspiration coming at you for the next few days, so be sure to check it out.

I used Merry Go Round for today's project. Now I don't know about you, but when I saw this stencil I immediately thought of peppermint candies. You know, the ones wrapped in cellophane in the bowl by the cashier at Big Boy!


Well, that became my modus operandi for this card. I remember when Cath E. talked about me in her Moxie Fabber feature - which doesn't seem to be online anymore :( - and said that I always put a lot of  "think" into my cards. That was so true on this one. Keepin' it all "visions of sugar plums". Well, peppermint candy...


I started by putting the stencil down a bit askew and inking with Spun Sugar. Then I put it down straight and inked with Festive Berries. If you look at the close up, you can see the pink drop shadows behind the red. Just an added touch.


But alas, my "askew" left a white strip along the right edge of my cardbase. What to do? Enter the strips of recycled envelope liner and polka dot PP!

I had chosen this playful Santa image from Santa is Here to match the playful nature of the candy ;) Copic colored him and die cut him with a circle. Added light Tumbled Glass to the circle as a sky and then decided that a light blue frame would be good too. Enter the stitched circle frame.

Then the lightbulb went on. Cellophane candy wrapper. Enter recycled stamp packaging. I snipped into strips of it with scissors to make the fringe. Crumpled them up and glued them to the back of a larger red die cut circle.

Heat embossed sentiment snippets finished off my card. Hope you likey! If you're not hopping, but would like to, you can find all the info here. SOOO much inspiration. You really should check it out. My first card for the hop is in this post, BTW. Have a good one.

I'm joining in at this fun challenge:
Creative with Stamps - #9 Use Christmas Stamps



13 comments:

Ruth said...

You do always put a lot of think in your cards and even when you make a boo boo, you always manage to put it right in the most inventive and interesting way. Love the wrapper! xx

Craftyfield said...

It's the result that counts and your card looks great with lots of interesting details!

Mary Holshouser said...

Ho ho ho! Looks like the peppermint candies
in the background.
fun idea.
Santa looks great.
thanks for sharing.

Hussena said...

Love your card! The Santa is beautifully colored and really like the idea of using the strips of the recycled envelope liner. Amazing card design, Maria!

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

wow! this is a beautiful festive card :)
cheers
preety

JenniferE said...

How sweet! Love that stencil and the bits of pp on the edges!

Megan J said...

Hi Maria, a gorgeous card, love all your layers and the brilliant recycling of the stamp packaging. Have a lovely week... Megan

Helen Gullett said...

Matia, that is one fun background. Your card is festive amd fabulous :)

Helen Gullett said...

Oops... I meant... Maria :)

Lilian said...

Beautiful background and little details!
Awesome card!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Anita in France said...

Fun, clever and such great detailing, Maria ... Cath E was right! Hugs, Anita :)

Maria Valente said...

Totally gorgeous card! Love the details and the idea! Thank you for joining us at CWS Challenge. Hope to see you again!
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Katy said...

I love this cute Santa card! I love the background and it totally looks like the peppermint candies! And I love the upcycling of the stamp packaging. Very creative! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...