Wednesday, November 30, 2016

let it snow on this sympathy card

Yes. I need another sympathy card. A friend lost her father on Thanksgiving. Now that sucks.

I had this card made but felt it was unfinished. It had just the stamping on it. So I decided to give it a wintery touch and now I'm happy with it. It's off on its way...


I used gray cardstock and Altenew Winter Cardinal with various red inks. The sentiment is Papertrey Botanical Silhouettes. I used Simon Says Stamp Snow stencil and embossing paste (tried to avoid the sentiment area) and then added a sheer black ribbon up top.

Thanks for visiting today. I am hooking up at Seven Hills Crafts because I've got "Let it Snow" going through my head now that we've got minus temps here in Germany. And at Creative with Stamps who want to see a bird! And at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where it's Anything Goes.





13 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Gorgeous card. I just got the embossing paste and that snow template - I hope I can make something as pretty as your card!

Susanne Vargas said...

While it sucks to loose a loved one on any day I agree that it's especially horrible on a major holiday. Your card is wonderful and serene! The snow stencil was a great idea!

Katy said...

Wow-this is stunning. I love the cardinal and the snow. It's a beautiful card. I'm sorry to hear why you had to make this card. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps! :)

Marybeth said...

Oh, that is sad ,Maria! Sorry for your friend! Wow on this absolutely gorgeous Sympathy card! It's stunning! Love the snow over that gorgeous red bird!

Esther said...

I'm so sorry for your friend :( What a sad and difficult time for them. Your card is really lovely and I'm sure it will bring them some comfort to know you're thinking about them. It's a lovely design, and the snow fall was a great choice for the background as it ties all the elements together so well. Thanks for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts :)

Jenny said...

Maria, this is a beautiful card for your friend and I'm sure it will bring some comfort to her. The snow adds that touch of serenity which is perfect for a sympathy card x
Thanks for playing along with our last challenge of 2016 at Seven Hills Crafts :)
Jenny x

Darnell said...

My sympathies to your friend, Maria. This card is breathtaking! It would also make a gorgeous Christmas card!! Hugs, Darnell

papierelle said...

Wunderschön, Winter pur!!!

Maria Valente said...

Love the way you've used the stencil over the cardinal... it looks like its really snowing! Thank you joining us at Creative with Stamps.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

The Last Man Crafting said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the snow and the bow really makes the card. From Abbie at TheLastManCrafting

Kim Heggins said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card Maria...just stunning. The beautiful soft images are so comforting.

Anita in France said...

I'm sorry you needed another sympathy card, Maria ... this one is just lovely ... soft, calm and classic. Hugs, Anita :)

jenn shurkus said...

this is beautiful!!! thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...