Welcome! I'm sharing my card for the July CASEplorations challenge over at STAMPlorations. We're CASEing this fabulous mixed media card by Elina Stromberg of Elina's Arts and Crafts. So much goodness on her blog to check out. You can read about her card in this blog post.
I definitely wanted to do some Distress Inking and keep the love birds theme. Here's my recipe.
1. Make a mask with heart die and use the negative. (TIP: Draw a pencil line down the center of the cardbase and align the points of the top and bottom of the heart along it!)
2. Stamp birdies from Smallbirds. Stamp and fussy cut a mask and cover them up.
3. Use sponge dauber to apply Wild Honey in center, Barn Door around outside of heart.
4. Stamp text element from Mixed Media Elements a few times on heart with Memento black ink.
5. Use hearts from Sketchy Coffee Cups and Frames and Flowers with water to bleach several spots on the heart.
6. Splatter with paintbrush and water.
7. Remove masks.
8. Watercolor birdies' bellies with Tumbled Glass.
9. Selectively ink and stamp sentiment from Party Time.
10. Die cut branch and sentiment and adhere.
Here's a close up so you can get a better look at the faint text stamping and that oh-so-fun water bleaching!
Whew. Sounds like a lot, but it wasn't really. Especially if you like playing with your Distress Inks, I certainly hope you'll join us at CASEplorations this month!
I'm joining the Red, White and/or Blue challenge at Simon Says Monday, All Things Bright and Beautiful at The Artistic Stamper and at Inkspirational