Thursday, March 19, 2015

return of the wonky cake

Wanted to share a card with you, very similar to this one. Seems to be the year for DD's friends to be hitting the magical sweet 16.



Stuck with the pink and orange color combo, multi-inking the STAMPlorations Birthday Cake stamp for the BG. Heat embossed the sentiments (Technique Tuesday and the numerals from We R Memory Keepers) on pink CS.

Added a layer of vellum and some sequins strung on metallic gold thread too.

Playing at:
A Blog named Hero where it's Bright and Bold  this time around.


The Card Concept #31 where it's about (cup)cakes! I've created a freestyle collage design.


Seize the Birthday where the focus is on the sentiment.



I'm pretty much over jet lag and can see the pinnacle of Mt. Laundry on my laundry/craft room floor (our washing machine went kaputt while I was in Michigan!) so I'm hoping the creative juices will get to flowing normally soon. Thanks for coming by today.

FYI, Here's the view that greeted me at 6 a.m. on my first day at my parents'. Whether reflecting off open water or jagged pieces of ice, the morning sun creates diamonds on the lake...




15 comments:

Maria said...

A very lovely birthday card! Wonderful background with all the cakes! And, great sentiment surrounded by the strung sequins...so pretty!

Shery Russ said...

This is so pretty, Maria! Love the colors :o)

Kristie Goulet said...

Love these colors! Great card! Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!

Becca Cruger said...

Pink and orange is pretty much my favorite color combo. That was totally my room's color scheme when I was 15 - much to my mother's chagrin! Love the bright POP of your colors. Great design!

Kim Heggins said...

Just so fun...the perfect way to celebrate a birthday.

Kara Lynne said...

Perfect for a sweet sixteen year old! Glad you had a great trip, I'm sure it's great to be home, but sad to leave your parents.

Happy Dance said...

I've been feeling a little wonky myself lately, so this card is spot on! And any 16 year old girl will love this. Great colors, and a fun design. Love the threaded sequins too. I look out my door and see the big lake too, is it the same one? I'm by Lake Michigan. Bev

Sharli Schaitberger said...

The view of the lake is so cool! You are right, something out there looks like hunks of diamonds!
Hugs!

maria f. said...

Lake Huron... maybe with chunks of Lake Michigan ice moving through the are. If they were moving ;)

Shelly said...

Super SWEET card! And what a great view and photo!

Anita in France said...

Such fun wonky cakes, Maria ... gorgeous virbant sweet 16 colours ... love those threaded sequins! Stunning photo ... such an awesome view to wake up to! Anita :)

JoAnn said...

Love the cake background on your sweet 16 card. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Unknown said...

Oh this is lovely!!! I adore you design with the cakes in the background, just stunning:)

Geri said...

I'm quite sure that your daughter's friends will be saying "wow, this is so cool" . I love the bit of velum and the 'sweet' colors that you used. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

Yoonsun Hur said...

So very pretty! Love your soft and sweet colours! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...