Sunday, February 22, 2015

love with buttons



Stencils and ink and paint and golden paste and stamps and dies - Oh My! This card was an adventure that started with a stencil and the need for a Valentine for DS. I knew I wanted to use the loving birds from Hero Arts.


I also decided to create a personalized sentiment - "you have my love". I sometimes tell DS I love him, but don't like him/his behavior. Decided to reinforce the love idea. Used various stamps from STAMPlorations for my sentiment.

I paper pieced the birds and adhered them onto a piece of scrap paper I had used to clean up with when working with paints. The "love" circle is from same paper. The other circles were punched from scraps.

My background was created by:
1. tracing around a few shapes in the ARTplorations Shutters stencil with a black Sharpie
2. stamping over/through the stencil with a CHF polka dot BG stamp and Archival ink
3. applying gold embossing paste through a few random shapes onto the CS
4. splattering with Dylusions Turquoise and then misting with water

Remember, you have until Feb 25 to join the Love and Buttons challenge at The Mixed Media Card Challenge. And Craft Stamper Take it, Make it is all about stencils this month so I'm hooking up there.


As well as at the Nature Challenge at Hero Arts.


And Add a little Texture at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.





20 comments:

Sid said...

Your style is refreshingly different ! Love your card !

Samra said...

What a beautiful and fun card Maria :) Love the colors you used to create this beauty :)

Anita in France said...

How fun, Maria ... texture, interest, cute birds and such a great sentiment! Anita :)

Irish Cherokee said...

Love this card Maria. You obviously had fun making it. I love every last button. I also love that image. How sweet. - Jim

VanessaB said...

very sweet and pretty!

Becca Cruger said...

There's so much cheery color going on here! It's super sweet.

cheiron said...

Such great colors and I love the golden texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!

Shery Russ said...

LOVE!!

Renee said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

Linda said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

Kim Heggins said...

Maria...this is just too sweet.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card! Those birds are adorable!

Kara Lynne said...

Love those paper pieced birds! Such an artsy and sweet card at the same time!

Greta said...

This is so cute--plus artistic! Bet he loved it, Maria!

Shelly said...

WOW. Awesome card!

cm said...

Such a sweet card: perfect let your DS know you love him! As always, fresh and inspired!
Hugs~c

shirley-bee said...

Fab! Love that sweet image, and the sentiment looks like thought bubbles. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

Unknown said...

I love your style, all of your cards are very creative.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...