Saturday, August 16, 2014

change it up - lure the best

Howdy. Some extra special vacation programming coming your way. Last year I treated you to a parade of rejects. This year I'm going to show you how I changed up some so-so cards to turn them into something publication-worthy. Didn't work, but such is life ;)

Here's the first one. Made this for a submission call for the categories ombre and watercolor.


One of the best-designed stamp sets out there, if you ask me. Fish More from WPlus9. It pretty much works on its own, but I gave it an ombre-stamped-with-watercolors-on-a-strip-of-craft-foam ocean to work with. And a silver heat embossed edge. Na ja. Missing something.


So I gave it a watercolored sunshine (which looks more like Jupiter) to fill up the empty sky and make it a happier card. And sent it to Dad.

Hope you enjoyed.


Supplies for lure the best:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, navy PP Basic Grey
Stamps: WPlus9
Ink : Jenny Bowlin, watercolors
Tools: die WPlus9
Other: 

10 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Well I would have chosen it1 Your Jupiter comment gave me a laugh!

Anita in France said...

Such fun, Maria ... and who'd have thought that the addition of the jupiter-y sun would make your already fab card even better ... but it does! Hope your Dad enjoyed it! Anita :)

~amy~ said...

super fun and clever!

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria love this and reminds me that I have never used this set! Your sun addition is perfect!

Greta said...

Wonderful card & I know your dad loved it, Maria! Can't always go by what gets published, as far as I'm concerned!

Cris G. said...

As far as I can see it, your Jupiter sunshine makes the difference, although I love the previous version too. Especially love how you used the sentiment.

Loll said...

LOVE the addition of the sun ... but like the original too. :) The ombre water is AWESOME ... and the adorable red fish just pops. Loll xx

Happy Dance said...

Both cards are fun, and you're right...this is a great set and I really should buy this. The addition of the sun is a great idea, and I'm sure your dad loved this card. You're such a good daughter! And a pretty darn good card maker too! Bev

Kim Heggins said...

So so sweet and I love your water color sun. What a fun card to make for your dad!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous foam-stamped ocean! I'm going to buck the trend and say I like it without Jupiter ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...