Monday, May 19, 2014

exploration STAMPlorations subway art: dare (CASOS, SSS, Colour Q)


Howdy folks! I've got a trio of posts coming at you in the next three days, showcasing some of the newly released STAMPlorations sets. Thanks to the generosity of Shery R. owner of STAMPlorations (and also Stamping Royalty 2014!) you could win yourself one of the sets if you come back here on Wednesday and leave a comment. Just sayin' ;)))

So, I grabbed my first set SUBWAY ART BUILDERS: Dare.  You can use these as a block (a la subway art). Or cut them apart and you've got some great individual sentiments too.  My fave is that last one with the sketched letters.


Then I hit blogland and picked out a couple challenges, CAS on Sunday #33 Sketch, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Die Crazy and Colour Q #241.



Taking my cue from the sentiment "follow your heart", here's my CAS card.


I used pigment inks to unevenly ink up the reverse of  a circle stamp (going for a watercolor look) and to swipe some color onto scrap CS which I then die cut for the hearts. Stitched them on and added the sentiment - doesn't its size work perfectly for a card front? I think it would work well on the inside of a card too...

That's it for today.  Come back again tomorrow, OK?


Supplies for follow your heart
Paper:  CS Bringmann
Stamps: circles PTI, sentiment STAMPlorations
Ink : blues Inkadinkado, gold Tsukineko, brown Clearsnap
Tools: heart die Amuse
Other: sewing machine









22 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Maria, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the sewn in hearts~

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Sooooo pretty!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous way to use the colors!

Claire said...

Fab take on the Colour Q palette - those stitched hearts look amazing...so beautifully CAS. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q Maria!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful Maria, love th stitched hearts.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Susanne Vargas said...

You perfectly combined all those challenges to make an awesome card! Love the inkpad swiped hearts! And you can bet that I will be back for more artsy goodness from you!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love this card and that sentiment alone is reason to buy this stamp set! Awesome card!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so fantastic Maria, I love the look. Great colours too.

Shelly said...

This is sweet! Love the colors! Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

Deepti said...

Stunning !! A winner as always. How do u do this??? u are so talented :)

Martha said...

OH, Maria! This is just SO adorably SWEET!
I love everything about it: the colors, inking, hearts, stitching, & sentiment!
Beautifully done!

shirley-bee said...

Stunning in its simplicity!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh my, this is really BEAUTIFUL!!!

aufspapiergebracht said...

Manchmal sind die einfachen Dinge die Besten. Eine großartige Karte ;) Elisabeth

anja curvers said...

So sweet those colors are great. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous CAS. Love the colour on the hearts

cm said...

I'm late in commenting, but had to come over to say WOW WOW and WOW! Your showcase of this set is nothing short of wonderfully delightful! The more I see of the STAMPlorations sets, the more I'm smitten! Love this!
c

Deepti Stephens said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! :)

Helen F. said...

oh my gosh!, Maria...those beautifully colored hearts are placed perfectly as is the stitching down the center :-)

Kelly Griglione said...

I do love that sentiment cut apart from the rest of the stamp. Wonderful, streamlined design to go along with it!

LeAnne said...

OH MY GOSH....this is adorable!! So cute and clever! Love the hearts but that sentiment is divine! I love how you stitched it too! Woohoo!

Helene said...

Love it !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...