Wednesday, April 24, 2013

wms flower show - which flower is it? (WMS, CFC, Moxie Fab)


OK, it was a no-brainer for me.  The challenge is to CASE a card using WMS flower stamps from the lineup over on the WMS blog.

When I saw Taheerah's beauty, I had my card to CASE.


My approach to CASE = what I remember most about the card, tweaked a bit so as not to be a pure copy.  In this case tree,  pink, brown, white,  twine and splatters.  What happened?  I perused my WMS stamps and was totally lacking in the flower department...

This is what happened.


The brown took the form of kraft and my tree drawn with a Vintage Photo Distress Marker and softened with a water brush.  The blooms became embossed white blooms watercolored pink.  Splatters, white and gold (in honor of Taheerah ;).  And I really truly wanted to do the twine (in the form of a little bow tied around the tree trunk) but I couldn't.  I am sooooo CAS at heart and couldn't bring myself to disturb the sentiment area.  Oh yeah, the sentiment is from Teeny Trees - direct CASE on that front!

I may have been inspired by something else too.  This is my front yard these days.


How well do you know your WMS stamps?  Do you know which set my tiny bloom is from?

I'm also hooking up at:
CAS-ual Fridays - challenge #99 wishing Michele G. a happy 45th
Moxie Fab - Wonder of Watercolor Challenge

Your visit is appreciated.  Merci.



Supplies Birthday wishes:
Paper: cardbase Craft UK, kraft 
Stamps: WMS
Ink : Versamark, Versamagic, watercolors, watered down acrylic paints (white, gold)
Tools:  water brush
Other: white embossing powder, 

31 comments:

Pauline said...

I love your French Country blossoms! Gorgeous card with that gold paint spatter and dreamy flowers!

Kary said...

Maria, your card is Beautiful!! I love how you did the tree and the bits of paint splatter. Lovely job!!

Brandi said...

Wow! Such a unique and beautiful card! So pretty!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Such a pretty tree with the French Country flowers! You did a great job.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love the tree, the watercoloured flowers, the splatter - pinning and case-ing!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is gorgeous Maria - I love the tree but the blue and yellow spatters were a touch of genius and give the card a lovely magical feel.

Geri said...

I agree with Vicky...I love the spatters you added! And I love the sliver of white base framing in the Kraft and bringing out your white embossing! So pretty and unique!

Julia Aston said...

The white embossed 'blooms' really add dimension to your tree! a wonderful CASE - love how you created your tree too!

Jacqueline said...

This is a beauty, Maria!!

Taheerah said...

I was so thrilled, touched and humbled that you chose to CASE my card! Your version is *so* beautiful - I am so in love with your soft splatters - almost a bokeh effect!! And love the touches of embossed blooms too. Very beautiful card. :-)

Deborah Frings said...

I think your flower tree is superb! I love the watercolouring.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful card! I love how you coloured the tree trunk and the blossoms are so pretty especially with the extra touch of the embossing!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I have that tree too! So georgeous! The embossing is superb!


Thanks for commenting on my blog, have a sunny day!
-Kimberly

Sarah said...

Your tree is very creative and very pretty.

Karen Stein said...

Absolutely beautiful. My tree hasn't bloomed yet and I'm really looking forward to the pink blooms. I love the splattering effect too!

Jenny said...

Oh my... your tree looks beautiful in your garden and magical on your card, the gold and white splatters look amazing :0) I love how you created the trunk, it looks like pastel... so soft!
Jenny x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How lovely - really like the gold splatters!

To your question on my Perfect Pearls card - the color does not seem to rub off easily, although I did not really try to rub it of....However, as I said at the bottom - it really depends how good the card looks on the way the light shines on it. From some angles it can look rather dull.... :(

Unknown said...

I don't know what set that stamp is from, but I know your card is out of this world gorgeous! Another piece of art!

Unknown said...

P.S. LOVE your front yard too ;)

Jill Norwood said...

Your card made me swoon! It is truly stunning!!!! This flower show is just wonderful! So many great inspiration pieces and in turn all of these beautiful CASE's. I just came inside from viewing my Yoshino Double Flowering Cheery Tree which is in full bloom! I was taking in the lovely spring evening and just enjoying the view. When I came in and logged on your gorgeous card jumped out at me! And your yard is beautiful too! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

You drew the tree. *love*

The spatters, the embossed flowers, the sentiment, everything is just right. You are really rocking the card designs, Maria!

Darnell said...

Amazing! Simply amazing, Maria. And how blessed to be able to look out on that view! Wow!!

JJ Bolton said...

Man that is gorgeous Maria! Love the artful splatters:)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Woo hoo winner!!!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Woo hoo winner!!!!!

Alice said...

such a beauty! gorgeous card, Maria!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your big win dahling! I'm only 14% jealous ;)

Petti said...

This card is so pretty! Congrats on the win!

Bridget said...

Congrats on your WMS win - how exciting - 5 sets! You'll have so much fun! It truly is a very beautiful card!

Jenny said...

So pleased to see your card chosen as the winner Maria...well deserved :0)

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! What a gorgeous tree! And so inspiring with your photo! Thanks so much for playing along with our Birthday Bash at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...