Friday, March 1, 2013

love your guts (CSS spread the love, SSS, LIM, SCS, Hero Arts)



Have you heard about this?  Clear and Simple Stamps is campaigning.  It's all about crushes.  Spread the love, baby.    Go check it out, you know you want to , I'll wait ...(to quote Amber K.G.!).

So here's the thing.  I was an expert at crushes. They were ever-present in my life as a teen/tween.  OK, they controlled my life.  Kinda scary when I think back on it, but made for some intense emotional adventures too.  And ain't that a big part of growing up?  Nuff said.

Now that I'm "all grown up", I'm crushing again.  On blogs.  May I introduce you to my #1 blog crush, Mandilicious of Vintage Revivals.  Check her out.  But not right yet.  I'm pretty sure you won't be coming back here anytime soon - she kinda grabs ya in a big bear hug and doesn't let go - so take a gander at the card I made for her before you go.



For you cardmakers out there... Drew the trendy triangles by hand.  Made a triangle stamp from fun foam.  Stamped, first and second generation with Hero Arts Shadow Inks.  Used gold acrylic paint for one set of triangles and a punched circle.  Printed my computer-generated sentiment on vellum.  Die cut a circle from CS, paper pierced a heart shape and made a faux-string-art heart.  Added a brad.  So. much. fun.

So, back to crushing...  Seriously folks.  I love her guts (That's Mandi's sign-off BTW.  Wish I'd thought of that!)  She can do anything.  Make mercury glass.   A rug.  A blow-me-away lamp.  She's the queen of thrifting.  And since I discovered Mandi's blog, Vicki has had two makeovers.  I've got smaller projects still waiting to be tackled the first time!  My first run-in with Mandi, which ended with me LOL, was the seizure wall.  If you check out the comments on that post - "Anonymous January 22" - that's me in my pre-blogger days  ;)   And she has an incredible personal story too.

OK, now you're dismissed.  Go hang at her place.  See if you can tell where I got my inspiration for the card.  And tell her I sent you ;)

Joining the fun at:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Less is More Week 108- Paper Piercing
SCS Love Fest 2013A - L.O.V.E
Hero Arts - Feb2013B Sketch Challenge



"Love your guts" - don't ya just love that?  Happy weekend.



Supplies for love your guts:
Paper: CS American Crafts, CS Neenah, vellum The Paper Company
Stamps: homemade triangle from fun foam, sentiment font Wisdom Script
Ink : Hero Arts, Versacolor, 
Tools:ruler and Sharpie, scissors, circle die MFT
Other: cotton crochet thread, hole piercer, brad, gold acrylic paint






22 comments:

~amy~ said...

This rocks!!!!

Geri said...

OMG...Love it!!! The colors, the design...everything!!!

Michelle said...

AWESOME card, Maria!!! And I did wander back from Mandi's fab blog to leave this comment. ;-)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Maria :-) I love how you made your own design and stamp !! absolutely fabulous ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Darnell said...

Mandi sounds like someone whose guts I will love, too, Maria, so thank you for that soaring referral! But the truth is, I'm not going over there until I spend a bunch more minutes just staring at your creation. It's a MASTER.ful.work.of.art.

Chrissie said...

This looks great Maria, the stitched heart looks awesome and is a very innovative use of paper piercing.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jean Martin said...

Maria! This is my favorite among all the submissions!! Love the colors and how graphic it is!!!! Beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

I am blown away by all the creativity on this one card! WOW! :) Simply gorgeous! Love the colors and all the fun elements!

Sue - said...

Great card love the triangles and the stitching.

Lisa Carroll said...

Absolutely amazing! Perfect design, colors, everything! :) Thank you for joining the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

Jen Nelson said...

wow love how you incorporated the piercing

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Cassie_lu said...

Wonderfully done and I really like how you create the heart with the sting.

Taheerah said...

This is stunning!! Every single detail is perfect!!

Ren-Yi said...

this is gorgeous! love the triangles - can't believe you drew them by hand and made your own triangle stamp!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous and cool. I love your handmade stamp and the strung out heart ;) Now I'm off to read more about this CSS thingy :)

Amber said...

Sooo... I pretty much love anything that says "love your guts!" Your card is seriously awesome! It has a great artistic, graphic feel that is so fresh and fabulous. Thanks for Spreading the Love!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a cool card! I love the soft colors, but it's still so kind of modern and funky. The hand drawn triangles and stamp are fantastic and I love that stitched heart element!

Cristina said...

Um, insanely awesome. Love this card.

Unknown said...

Wow! Such a fabulous card!!! Love the triangles so much!!

Wida said...

I went and checked out hte site...so inspiring! and now I understand this card so much better and love it so much more. the triangles are awesome but the stitched heart was what made it so much more like her room! cool!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Tolle Karte! Besonders das gestickte Herz gefaellt mir gut und die Farbkombination - super!

Marlena M. said...

This is SO AWESOME,Maria~fantastic work! Congratulations on your Moxie Fab feature~wonderful interview. It was fun to learn more about you~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...