Tuesday, March 12, 2013

cloud9 lure the best watercolor (Cloud9, SSS)


Take a gander at the inspiration photo over at Cloud9 (yep, I finally own some WPlus9 stamps so I can play) and what do ya see?

Image Credit
Besides the protea in the bouquet (my bridesmaids carried them anno damals) my eye went immediately to the watercolor BG.  Love.

So off I went.  Inked a Hero Arts Class Fabric Design BG stamp with Antique Linen , spritzed with water and stamped onto panel.  Inked the edges. Put some Distress Inks spritzed with water on my craft sheet and  created my watercolored fish.  What to do with the leftover mess on the craft sheet.  Smear some of the color onto my stamped BG!


Although I own Folk Art Florals and this was clearly a bouquet photo, I couldn't go there.  Had to give it an edge.  And the fish are the only other WPlus9 I currently possess.  So, a "bouquet" of fish.  In a mason jar vase stamped onto alcohol inked acetate.  Hanging on a fishing rod represented by a repeatedly-stamped sentiment.  The leaves - they're pretty true to the inspiration photo.  Edge?  Yes.  WhomIgonnasenditto?  Clueless.

Also playing at Simon Says Stamp - A Bit o' Green.

Thanks for looking.



Supplies lure the best:
Paper: cardbase Craft UK, CS Neenah
Stamps: WPlus9, jar American Crafts, BG Hero Arts
Ink : Distress Inks, alcohol inks, Stazon
Tools:  embossing folder Craft Concepts, die Wplus9
Other:












8 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Ummm, amazing?! Love the background, love the woodgrain bottom, love the blue transparent jar, love the "word pole," just love it all!

Greta said...

Now that's creative! Gorgeous watercolor!

Jingle said...

Very neat technique! The jar looks fabulous!

Suzanne said...

This is just so gorgeous, unique and creative! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Cloud9! And I think I saw that you are the Moxie Fabber of the week - HUGE congrats!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my this is just amazing! I love the background, the fish, the jar! Every single thing! AMAZING!!!!!

anya said...

What fun! This is such a creative take on the inspiration photo and the background you created is beyond beautiful. Love the fish, too! Thanks for joining us at Cloud9!

Taheerah said...

Love this - the background and colours evoke the feel of the inspiration photo so perfectly!!

Thanks so much for leaving some love on my blog. I so appreciate it!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous card, happy shopping!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...