Sunday, November 4, 2012

about a boy (CFC, SCS, Moxie Fab)

Saw a popper card that Julie E. made over at Ellen Hutson's Classroom and wanted to give it a try.  I concocted my own and what fun it was!


HYCCT#1201B challenges you to make a card for a kid - often we forget about the kids of cancer patients.    
And CASual Fridays #77 is all about making a card for a boy.  So I created a card which I can imagine a  mom giving to her son.  "U R my rock star".


I knew I wanted to do the "U" "R" thing on the front.  I have these cool brown glitter letters - cool, but like when can you use them?!?!?  I pulled out some Making Memories "Just Chillin" PP with a teenage boy theme and brown in the patterns and went from there.  Crafted the popper mechanism and the star and sentiment to go on it.  TIP:  Don't make them too big or you may have difficulties getting the card to open/close properly.  Ask me how I know...  Used a Kim Hughes set from CHF to stamp stars on the front panel and inside as well as the sentiment and guitar on the star.  Added some eyelets and triangles to the front cuz it seemed appropriate.  Distress inked the edges.

Also hooking up to the Moxie Fab World where there is a challenge to use alphabet stickers.  Got lots.  Two less now!

Appreciate your visit.



Supplies for U R my rock star:
Paper: cardbase Papermania,  PP making memories
Stamps: CHF
Ink : Distress Ink,
Tools: star die Sizzix, circle die MFT
Other: embossing powder Zing, eyelets, letter stickers making memories


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Definitely a rock in' card:)

Marlena M. said...

This is awesome Maria~I love the pop up!

Virginia L. said...

This sure rocks!! Love this fancy interactive card, Maria! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

JJ Bolton said...

Love how this turned out! Way to rock the glitter letters! Love the mix of papers and the eyelets (eyelets are way underrated). Cool pop up too! I'm trying to picture what it does in action. TFS!

Lisa A. said...

What a very cool card!! LOVE the glitter and the inside DOES rock!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week and sharing your very cool creativity:)!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...