Monday, October 22, 2012

congrats to Play Date Cafe (PDCC, Passion for Papertrey)



Play Date Cafe.  What a great name for a challenge blog.  My kids are past the days of play dates, but the name makes me smile every time I go over there to play.  Happy Anniversary PDC!

This photo makes me absolutely swoon.  My three bridesmaids - whoa, blast from the past - wore red, fuchsia and violet raw silk dresses... so this is so me.  But when it came down to playing with the colors I had a really tough time.  You too?  
Tried to figure out why and decided that since  red, violet and blue are all so close together on the color wheel... it is the "glow" in the photo that makes it all work.  So I had to go for that.



My go to for glow, distress inks.  Don't own the PDCC named colors, but I took Spiced Marmelade, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Shaded Lilac and Chipped Sapphire and this is what I got!  Inked up Neenah CS, cut it into two panels, spritzed some Perfect Pearl/water msit, die cut the words, printed the remaining text on the PC and assembled.  It actually turned out as I imagined.  Yippie.

This was a spin off of the same idea, using up the positives and some scraps of digital paper.  Notice how my printer cartridge is losing its color.  You know me, waste not want not.


Completely different look, eh?  Crazy, this craft we love.  I'm also playing over at Passion for Papertrey - yeah, they're back and worldwide now too.  Happy Monday.  I may be back.



Supplies to love and be loved:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Neenah
Stamps:
Ink: Distress Inks, Perfect Pearls
Tools: die PTI
Other: PC, bling

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

EXcellent cards....I love them both...especially the first one! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe:)

Vicky Hayes said...

Two very different looks Maria and both lovely but the first is definitely my favourite!

Aimes said...

Wow! We might be back, but you're bringing the wow factor to our first challenge! Love your inking!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs!
x

Connie Mercer said...

love these~so perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

These are fantastic, Maria! I love both but that bold color of the first one really knocked my socks off! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Veronica Z said...

Love LOVE your cards! Such a clever idea to use the negatives, and the die cuts for your cards. Fabulous! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Liz Armstrong said...

Very different! But your printer's given you a lovely effect Maria.
Fab card!
Liz
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...