Wednesday, May 23, 2012

lace wedding (heat and dry embossing)


Yep, another silver and white wedding card.  Figured I could give my friend a couple to choose from.  And give the Moxie Fab challenges a go.  I actually love these Card Creation challenges - Damask, Lace, Gingham.  And Spatter.  Hmmm still no good idea for that one.

Anyway, here's my card.  This one's going to the Doilies and Lace Challenge.


Cut my front panel from CS, figured out where I wanted the dry embossed flutterbys to go and then where the die cut should be among them.  Die cut.  Dry embossed.  Then I figured out where the  lacy looking pattern needed to be on my card base in order to peek through the butterfly window.  Stamped and embossed.  (TIP: Better to stamp a bigger area than too small. Ask me how I know.)

I went with the beautiful "Love" sentiment and rounded it out with a pop of red heart and grounded it on a base of lace which I stitched on.  Adhered the panel with dimensional adhesive.

I'm wondering...  the wedding couple is German and Mexican, hope English is OK...
I sure love the Hero Arts wedding set CL360 - good for various styles.

Also going over to the "Punchy" challenge at CASual Fridays this week.



And to Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #19 cuz my choice of "Love" sentiment came right out of the inspiration pic.  Check out the owl on the chair.



Now I'm going out to plant some leaf lettuce in the garden.  Do you like to dig in the dirt too?

Supplies Love:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS American Crafts
Stamps: lace Prima, sentiment Hero Arts
Ink: Versamark, black Versafine, red Versamagic
Tools: die Memory Box, embossing folder Craft Concepts, sewing machine
Other: embossing powder, lace

10 comments:

Marianne said...

This is beautiful! I love the look of the silver embossing under the butterfly. And the touch of lace under the sentiment is stunning - I'd never think of that.

Sanketi said...

Beautiful!
...love the partial embossing ...very elegant!

Dana F. said...

Öhm, wie genial ist das denn? Wirklich starke Karte!!

M said...

Soooo pretty! There are so many things to love about this design! M x

Jay Gee said...

This is such an elegant card Maria - the silver embossing under the butterfly is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Jenny said...

Such a beautiful wedding card, love how you've used the embossing folder..... I find these picture folders hard to use , this is a great idea!
So glad you joined us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Laurie said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, so pretty! I love the silver embossing peeking behind all the beautiful dry embossing! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

CAS perfection. Love this pretty, elegant card! Thanks for playing with CAS-ual Friday's this week:)

Unknown said...

Maria, this card is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month ... Ange

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...