Wednesday, February 15, 2012

life's simple pleasures (interactive?)


When I saw Papertrey's challenge yesterday I figured I would be sitting this one out.  Movers and shakers is not me.

But alas, I am still working on the CPS anniversary challenge and sketch #242 for day 7 was one of the sketches I still had to do:



Well, if you turn it sideways and combine it with this groovy tutorial from Susan for a multi-fold card, I decided you get this:


Tough to photograph, especially on a windy day!  And if you open it up you get:


Looking for the interactive-ness?  How about count the birdies?


I used the color combo from CR84FN:


DD just came home from school and got all excited about this one.  New technique for Mom.  Guess she approves :)


And I struggled big time with CPS sketch #26 of day 10.  Too scrapbooky for me:


But alas, that is what is so cool about sketches.  Just gather your goodies and let the sketch do the talking.  Again I hit my stash of previously stamped images and scraps and lo and behold (two hours later I must admit) this emerged:



I do likey, even though getting the balance was tough.  Hope you likey too!


Supplies life's simple pleasures:
Paper: CS American Crafts; PP me and my big ideas
Stamps: PTI
Ink: gray pigment Cat's Eye; chartreuse Versamagic
Tools:  score board, cutting knife, reed bird/tree  dies Memory Box
Other: clear embossing powder

Supplies million and one thanks:
Paper: card base Butinette
Stamps:  shadow squares Hero Arts; flowers SEI; sentiment Technique Tuesday; embossed text on strip Tim Holtz
Ink: Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey Distress Ink; black Versafine
Tools:  leaf die Spellbinders;  sewing machine
Other: handmade flower, white embossing powder




9 comments:

Jennifer Buck said...

Wowzers! That is one amazing fold card! LOVE them both but WOW! BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing! Hugs!

Sue Lelli said...

Now THAT is an interesting card with all of the interactive parts! FAB design! LOVE the birdies! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Trish Latimer said...

Wow, what a cool folded card! Love the birds and the colours just pop!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh it's so artistic and eye-catching! Thanks for playing along with us at CPS!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards Maria! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Suzanne Russell said...

Well, you certainly captured the interactive part-lots going on there and I like it a lot!

Barb said...

me likey! :) very pretty cards!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun... interactive is not my strong suit.

~amy~ said...

So even when you started you were a leader in interactive clever cards :)

Thank you for helping me celebrate my blogaversary AND for being such an inspiration to me! You have such a lovely style!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...