Wednesday, February 22, 2012

celebrate (ribbon/tulle)

Back with another post today.  This one's gonna be on time... barely.
Combined this lovely from Lily Pad for Virginia's View challenge and CASual Fridays request for ribbon:



CASEd myself again. I loved this card I made for the CPS anniversary challenge so I used the idea again, just changed up the colors.


Without further ado here's my card:



The polka dots of the inspiration photo were the first thing that caught my eye!  Love 'em.  Went with that for the stamped borders and embossed cake layers.  Opted for candles on the cake.  And my ribbon, besides the stamped one, is tulle that I ruffled for the bottom cake layer and that I backed my sentiment banner with.  Thought the little bit of red messy stitching lightened the card up a bit from my wedding version.

Thanks for visiting today.


Supplies celebrate:
Paper: CS American Crafts,
Stamps: borders Artemio, candles The Paper Company,  digital cake stand (123RF)
Ink: Cats Eye
Other: embossing folder Cuttlebug/Sizzix, tulle, sewing machine, letter stickers KI Memories

7 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous textures and colors! This card is absolutely delicious, Maria! I love the tulle details,too! So glad that you join the fun with us at Lily Pad (& CAS-ual Fridays)! Love bith versions BTW, Maria! Hope to see more of your beautiful work!

Nancy said...

oh wow, i love this wonderful card! that banner is so adorable and the bits of tulle make this card so special! so happy you joined the challenge at Lily Pad Cards!

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

What a wonderful take on the Picture! I just LOVE your cake!
Thanks so much for playing with us at the Lily Pad - hope to see you soon again. Hugs, Karin

lostinpaper said...

Snap! Your card is totally beautiful! Love your cake layers, especially the tulle and that fab banner is perfect! Thanks for stopping by to say Hi!

Tammy said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! I love your tone on tone creation with small pops of color!

Michele Gross said...

I adore the tulle!! Such a darling card :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Yummy!! Love the use of tulle - very cute and clever!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...